Sunday, March 2, 2008

Lenten Post March 2nd

Yep, I missed March 1st. I'll try to make up for it at some point.

I found these passages from Meister Eckhart and they seemed to fit in with an assignment I was doing for my class in Luke/Acts.

"What a man takes in by contemplation, that he pours out in love ...."
"What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action"

The assignment was to discuss why Mary needs Martha as much as Martha needs Mary within the context of Luke 10:38-42. My take is that discipleship requires balance. Balance that includes contemplation and spiritual discernment as well as works. Mary was right by listening but to be a true disciple she needed to include the actions of discipleship. Martha, while being a good hostess needs to listen, to include more spirituality into her discipleship.

Peace,
Jeff

No comments: