Thursday, November 15, 2007

And what did you do today?


I've seen a number of posts describing the blogger's day, including work, home, activities etc. This evening while driving home, it occurred to me that I had a pretty unique day. I woke up at the UofM's Forestry Reseach Center in Cloquet. I was there for a short, two-day meeting with a group of other biologists with the goal of developing a detailed sampling program to track environmental changes in aquatic systems all across the state of Minnesota. I'm responsible for developing and implementing the zooplankton sampling protocol for the program. About mid-morning I left the meeting and headed for St. John's. I spent the first class talking about the implications of Vatican II on ecumenism and the second about Hildegard of Bingen and the Beguine mystics. I got back to Alexandria around 5:30 p.m. just in time for a potluck/monthly church council meetings at church. At 8:30 I was helping Will put the final touches on his science fair project. Pretty good day I'd say.
Peace,
Jeff

1 comment:

Rory said...

I am enjoying your blog..and I had to look up the Beguines!
Thanks! Rory