Friday, September 28, 2007

Three Little Birds

I got into the office early this morning. The sun was still not up but light radiated over the landscape, the moon was shining over Lake Minnewaska (I've got a GREAT office!) and the coots were all rafted up on the bay. The resident flock of wild turkeys was cruising through the yard scarfing up any acorns they may have missed in previous outings. Over the lake, an adult and a juvenile bald eagle were circling the raft of coots, looking for stragglers, ummm .. coot breakfast. It should be a grand morning. But I'm anxious. Seems like things are starting to pile up and when I think about it all it gets a tad stressful.

I flicked on the computer and had forgotten to take out the CD I was listening to yesterday. When I got back from making coffee I heard ...

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou"

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"


Hmmm .... smiled with the risin' sun, three little birds - coots, eagles and turkeys (ok eagles and turkeys aren't exactly little ... but still).

So, Bob Marley spoke to me this morning. Well, at least it was Bob's music. And I feel much better, really I do. Weird eh? I'm really not so stressed out about my first exam, about getting ready for Adult Sunday School and movie night at church, writing a sermon on mysticism, the mission trip party on Wednesday, getting the leaves picked up, the two journal publications sitting on my desk, taking the dog for a walk ....

Don't worry, 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

I realized that in the grand scheme of things, these ARE little things, important, but little - AND everything IS gonna be all right.

fading ... 'cause every little thing, gonna be all right ....

Peace,
Jeff

No comments: