Monday, April 13, 2009

Passover Flower


They didn't show up in any numbers until yesterday. I looked on Thursday and Friday, but to no avail. I suppose it was the warmth and sun of Saturday that set them to blooming. They are by far my favorite flower and this year, they sprung forth on Easter, just as they should. The first, the bravest, perhaps the most fool hardy. Regardless, they represent the rebirth of the earth, a sure sign that there is life amongst the dead grass. In my mind, they are the perfect Easter flower.


They emerge amongst the death of the previous fall. In sand, rock ... marginal soil.


As if they are offering themselves up. Spring, new life, in the form of a chalice. Sacred.

Easter Blessings,
Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are lovely. Beautifully photographed as well. I so much appreciate and am moved by your reverence for the earth. Oh, that all of us would become more aware, reverent and respectful towards our planet. I am seeking to be that. Are they actually called "Passover flower"? If not what is their name. Thank you for sharing this. ~Peace

Anonymous said...

Just clicked on the they;) Question answered!!!